How to choose a good therapist
Doing the first phone call can be scary and overwhelming.
In this episode, Dr. Steven Curley, interviewed by Dr. Carmen, will help you to prepare for this process of choosing the person who is going to help you in the most important journey towards your emotional harmony.
You will learn:
· What feeling you are looking for when choosing the right therapist
· What is a good place to start your search
· The importance of defining the specialty you need
· What characteristics in the therapist will suit you the best
· What websites will be the best to look for a therapist
· What questions to ask to your friends and people around you
· What questions to ask during your first phone call
· How to talk about your payment and fees during your first phone call
· How to discover when you chose the incorrect one and why you may need to change
Websites to find a therapist:
The board of psychology of your state will have information for consumers (for California click here)
For more episodes visit: http://www.emotionsinharmony.com