Recovering from deep emotional trauma. An interview with Laura Reagan, LCSW-C
Laura Reagan, LCSW-C explains how to approach this issue from different perspectives as one can be the victim of a trauma or have a loved one who needs to overcome a trauma.
In this excellent interview, different situations that a person who has experienced a trauma are exposed, since nowadays this is a very common theme among families. Finally, in this interview Laura told us about various techniques and actions that can be practiced by the families and victims of trauma to live a full and happy life.
Laura Reagan is a psychotherapist and expert in emotional trauma. She has a podcast called Therapy Chat, available on iTunes. With more than 15 years dealing with this subject as psychologist, she is a very inspiring woman and a psychotherapist who loves to help people who have experienced such situations. She has participated in numerous events dedicated to this topic and her podcast called Therapy Chat, has had great acceptance in 165 countries. This episode is a must listen!
What you will learn in this episode:
- How to detect a trauma?
- How can a trauma make you feel?
- Is a trauma easy to overcome?
- Can we forget a trauma?
- What are the most common events that can cause a trauma?
- How to handle emotions resulting from trauma
- Relationship between trauma and violence
- Steps to overcome a trauma
- Why is childhood the most important part of a person’s life?
- Bullying as a new trauma cause
- How can social tragedy, like the shooting in Las Vegas, affect us?
- How can a trauma affect the brain?
- Can we recall traumatic situations?
- The unconscious and the brain related to a trauma
- How can we feel after overcoming trauma?
- Examples of bad experiences with trauma
- Helpful spiritual practices to help you to overcome trauma
- Self-compassion and trauma
- How to connect to other people and deal with trauma
- When should people admit they have a trauma?
- The way your trauma affects others
- Could trauma be part of an emotional legacy?
- What are trauma’s symptoms?
- How to deal with it if your partner had a trauma that you did not know about?
- The power of listening
- How important is family for this kind of treatment?
- Why is it important not to judge when a loved one confesses a trauma?
The Self-Compassion Skills Workbook: A 14-Day Plan to Transform Your Relationship with Yourself – Tim Desmond. Available at http://amzn.to/2zfYUHb
Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy: Mindfulness-Based Practices for Healing and Transformation- Tim Desmond. Available at http://amzn.to/2zhgri8
The Self-Compassion Deck: 50 Mindfulness-Based Practices – Tim Desmond, Christopher Willard and Mitch Ablett. Available at http://amzn.to/2gyiarL
Other recommended resources
Laura Reagan’s Podcast, visit https://www.laurareaganlcswc.com/podcast/
To have a consultation with Laura Reagan, LCSW-C visit:
Connect with Dr. Carmen Roman:
Website – http://www.emotionsinharmony.com
Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org