Do you eat when you’re nervous? Or maybe when you’re sad?
Emotional eating is the term that it’s used to describe those moments when we eat because we think food can save us from the situation we’re in, or because we think it will make us forget about our strongest emotions.
Mixing our emotions with what and when we eat can bring critical consequences to our life, and in the most extreme cases it can turn into anorexia, bulimia or even obesity.
In this episode Dr. Carmen Roman talks with the psychologist Xochitl Carrasquedo about what is emotional eating and what are the symptoms. They will also talk about the consequences that can enter our lives when we mix our emotions with our daily diet.
They also will share with us some tips and habits we can follow to fight against said consequences.
Xochitl Carrasquedo (LLPC) is a Mexican clinical psychologist at the Regional University of Southeast in Oaxaca, Mexico. She now lives in the United States and has a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Family and Couples Psychotherapy at Wayne State University, Michigan.
Dr. Carmen Roman is a dedicated clinical psychologist who helps parents, families and community leaders who have suffered from trauma, anxiety or stress to manage their emotions, guiding them to a harmonious life.
What will you learn?
- What is emotional eating?
- What are the symptoms of emotional eating?
- Consequences of mixing emotions with diets
- Unhappiness and diets
- Daily habits to fight emotional eating
- Tips to take care of your body
- Listen to your body by Lise Bourbeau https://www.amazon.com/Listen-Your-Body-Friend-Earth/dp/2920932020/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1517291537&sr=1-3&linkCode=sl1&tag=carme064-20&linkId=1454cf8fdbcabe39e61f5f505691c956
Give us some love! Donate here:
How to find Xochitl Carrasquedo
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/2015NewPathIntegratedTherapy/
Connect with Dr Carmen Roman
- Website http://www.emotionsinharmony.org
- Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EmotionsinHarmony/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/DraCarmenRoman
- YouTube http://www.Youtube.com/c/ArmoniaEmocional
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/shop/dracarmenroman
¡Hablamos español! Escucha este episodio aqui: