Fatherhood in Harmony
Should we congratulate men for fulfilling their role as parents?
Years ago it was not expected for a man to change a diaper, prepare a baby’s bottle, or even fulfill their role as a parent in general. This was, and still is, one of many problems couples can have when having a baby. But thanks to a change in mentality and beliefs in some communities, men are starting to assume the role of fatherhood with harmony.
And it’s such a good change!
In this episode Dr. Roman talks with Dr. Melvin Varghese about the importance of men being present in their child’s lives and fulfilling their roles as a complete father figure.
Dr. Varghese was born in Kerala, India; he immigrated to the USA with his family in order to have a better life. In 2004 he completed a Bachelor in Psychology and after 5 years, a 120 page dissertation, and over 3,000 hours of counseling, he graduated with PhD.
In 2015 he launched the first episode of his Podcast “Selling the Couch” which now has passed 175,000 downloads and has listeners in over 65 countries.
Dr. Carmen Roman is a dedicated clinical psychologist who helps parents, families, and community leaders who have suffered from trauma, anxiety or stress to manage their emotions, guiding them to a harmonious life.
This week you’ll learn:
- How do men feel when men get involved in their children’s lives?
- Reasons why they don’t get involved
- How can we get parents to work as a team?
- How can we integrate men into parenthood?
Give us some love! Donate here:
Connect with Dr. Melvin Varghese
- Website https://sellingthecouch.com/
- Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1529269850672775/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/MVarghese5
Connect with Dr. Carmen Roman
- Website http://www.emotionsinharmony.org
- Email her at email@example.com